Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Original Sunflower Flower Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! July 21-24 Sketches...



"Petite Fleur de Soleil" Original 5"x7" Painting on Canvas Panel Here

This week my featured painting is "Petite Fleur de Soleil."  At times, I think upon the beauty of these warm flowers.  Although I tend to lean towards cooler colors in general, I tend to paint sunflowers often, somehow they make me feel hope.  This original sunflower painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  The art has a realist impressionist feel.  If you love sunflowers as I do, you may enjoy seeing some of my other sunflower art in the floral section of my website..


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is myths and fairytales, you may see them here.

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday

==================================================

July 21-24 Sketches


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a gentle quality...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July. This is from day 21. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a wonderful hat...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July. This is from day 22. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of petunia.  It has a sweet energy...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 23.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a delicate softness...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July. This is day 24. 

This is a rough sketch.

8 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

nice bright flower and very pretty sleepy maidens :)

Christine said...

such a beautiful sunflower painting and your sketches are gorgeous!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful sunflower painting and the sketches are great. Hugs, Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

'Petite Fleur de Soleil' is beautiful, such fabulous colour.

All the best Jan

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Boa tarde, o girassol és tão bem pintado que parece que tem vida, o trabalho está maravilhoso, a donzela dos olhos grandes está perfeita na beleza.
Feliz fim de semana,
AG

Nicolas Hall said...

Lisa I love to drop by and see what you've been up to! Always a shot of magic for the soul. :)

The sunflower is perfect. We have some that we planted (ok, the birds planted, in out window boxes! I didn't;t know they would grow in such shallow soil but they do, smaller and shorter than the ground planted variety but that's part of the magic. And to watch them turn WITH the sun as it moves across the sky. . .

And, of course, your sketches are always like magical beings that appear out of the mists of time. . . always a treat to see them at this stage. :)

Thank you for creating such loveliness in the world!

nicolas

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous sunflower painting Lisa!! I love your sketches! The maidens with their eyes closed are stunning! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you so very much for your sweet and thoughtful words!