Friday, August 3, 2018

WIP Big Eye Little Red Riding Hood Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketches of Big Eye Angels Fairies Maidens & Flowers / August 1-3 / Art Sketch Daily...


For the month of August I will be offering a free random rough sketch included with any original art order on my website lisarusso.com!  I plan on making some adjustments in pricing and content on my website, so now is an excellent time to take a look...


In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye little red riding hood I am working on the background.  I've done a couple of layers and I'll likely be doing a glazing layer before I move forward.  Fairytales hold a strong allure for me.  In this piece, I'm focused on her face.  I'm planning on trying to do an underpainting on her face and hood before I begin in color.  

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" panel in acrylics...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

============================================

August 1-3 Sketches


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a wary expression...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August. This is from day 1. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of two fuchsia flowers.  They have a delicate beauty...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is from day 2.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a gentleness...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  

I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August. This is day 3. 

This is a rough sketch.

12 comments:

JFM said...

Your art is always so amazing and your Fuchsia plant is perfect!!! I have this beautiful annual plant in my garden at this moment!

Always a pleasure!

Happy PPF 🎨 and Hugs❤

Christine said...

A lovely start to your painting and the sketches are beautiful!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Isn't arylics wonderful to work with. I took part in Paint Party Friday.
Coffee is on

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your little Red develop. Great sketches. Hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your little red has beautiful features, looking forward to seeing her finished.
Wishing you all the best with your daily sketches.
Happy PPF Tracey.

Jennifer Rose said...

nice start to the red riding hood painting :) an undercoat should really help with the shadows and lighting :)

DVArtist said...

That is a great offer. I just love all of your sketches. They inspire me to create more and be better at it.

Misty said...

I love all your big eyed maidens!! And kudos to doing a sketch a day!! :D

Magic Love Crow said...

Little Red Riding Hood, looking amazing! Your sketches are fantastic Lisa! Wow! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

I love your sketches especially the fuchsia.
Have a great week.

All the best Jan

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Your sketches are so lovely and I really like the personalities. I look forward to seeing your Little Red.

-Soma

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind and thoughtful words!