Friday, October 7, 2011

A blue angel painting, the movie Dolphin Tale, and a decided lack of sketches...


I painted this painting quite a while back, in 2003 in fact... By rights it should already have been up on my website; however, when I was doing the photography of the works I had, I managed to forget this one. It was hiding in plain sight on the shelf in my room...

So, to see it up on the website, please visit here.

I saw the movie Dolphin Tale this week. It was very moving and sweet. I don't always post about movies that I've seen on my blog because I worry about revealing too much information; but there was a nice story within a story that I liked about dolphins and children. It is a Native American Tale. So, here goes... At some point the goddess decided that she wanted her people to live on the mainland, so she put up a rainbow bridge for them to travel. As they crossed the children were playing as they crossed the bridge and some fell off the bridge towards the ocean. The people were worried that the goddess would be angry and their children would die when they hit the ocean. The goddess, however, was so moved by how beautifully the children played that just as they were about to hit the ocean, she transformed them into dolphins, so that they could play forever...

I've been promising sketches for quite some time and I have not followed through. While I am sketching, it is by no means a consistent endeavor. I think that I'm not currently in the right space to make constant sketching a priority. That could change, but for now, that is how it is. If that changes, I will try to scan and post, but it is not an endeavor I currently feel like pursuing...

No comments: