Thursday, October 13, 2011

In Progress Portrait of a Sunflower Painting, Image 1...



Here is the start of my sunflower painting titled Sunlight Sunbright. It is a 24" x 18" acrylic painting on canvas that I took photographs of as I painted it at various steps. There are four images and it took around two weeks to complete.

I knew I wanted to paint a sunflower but my initial debate was if my painting were to be based on a store bought sunflower or one from a garden. Both are beautiful, but they are different. This time I decided to use a reference photograph of a sunflower that had grown in the garden of my mother's students.

Above is the first image. As you can see there is some white paint showing, this is where there's a disparity from my lines and where I wanted them to be...

No comments: