Friday, March 4, 2016

WIP Cherry Blossoms Flowers Art Original Painting Work in Progress + March Sketches, Sketch 4, Angel Fairy...



In this original acrylic work in progress cherry blossoms painting, I've done some light shading with glazing...  I still need to add the cores to the flowers in this wip.  I love cherry blossoms, the flowers are so soft and delicate.  I am hoping to complete this for Tuesday, but this weekend is a bit busy, so we'll see.  We're celebrating my brother's birthday this weekend!


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She is holding a parasol, oh how I long for a parasol...  I spent some time looking at antique ones, but they looked so delicate.  I've considered taking a regular umbrella and converting it, but I haven't done anything more than think about it, so alas my big floppy hat will have to suffice...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is sketch 4.  

This is a rough sketch.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, bless you for sharing

Christine said...

I loved parasols as a child you brought back sweet memories with this pretty lady. Love your cheery blossoms wipb

Linda Kunsman said...

the blossom is so lovely already, and oh, to come across a vintage parasol in an antique store...

sirkkis said...

Lovely post. Both are so delicately beautiful.
Happy weekend xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work as always. Happy PPF hugs, Valerie

Cindy D. said...

Wonderfully pretty and subtle color! Great work!

Jennifer Rose said...

very delicate flowers :)

you an get "fake" parasols on ebay for not that much money

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much! I love cherry blossoms!

Maybe I'll look into the "fake" ebay parasols, thanks Jennifer!

Giggles said...

Beautiful blossoms almost look like a photo... Blossoms are just showing up now where I live!!

Hugs Giggles

Tracey FK said...

those cherry blossoms are going to be amazing... I can't wait to watch their progress

Magic Love Crow said...

Your maiden with the parasol is so pretty! You should get one Lisa! Your cherry blossoms are beautiful!

DVArtist said...

As always my friend, your heat has soul. Beauty with strokes of paint.

Beth Niquette said...

Your painting is so lovely. Cherry blossoms are, to me, heralds of Spring. Happy PPF!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much! I'm about to share the finished piece here...