Wednesday, December 6, 2017

My Photograph of Flowers from a Tree at Huntington Gardens + Sketch of a Big Eye Mermaid, Fairy, & Angel/ December 4, 5, & 6 Art Sketches Daily...



I took photographs of a flowering tree at Huntington Gardens in the fall.  I thought this tree was gorgeous and luminous...  Here is a close up of the tree's flowers.  I'm not sure what the tree is called, in addition to being in bloom, it had thorns running up the body of the trunk.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She seems to have an inquisitive nature...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December. This is from day 4. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 95. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has accented her face with tiger stripes...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December. This is from day 5. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 96. 

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has sweetly curling hair...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December. This day 6.

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 97.

This is a rough sketch.

8 comments:

Christine said...

Your photo is gorgeous and your maidens are lovely today, interesting tiger stripes on one of them!

Valerie-Jael said...

That is a gorgeous tree. I have no idea what it is, I just know I would like to see it in real life. Fantastic sketches, too. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Victoria said...

Such a beautiful photo Lisa,very meditative and peaceful to me, feels like pure bliss!
Ooh, so gorgeous, I love your newest sketches they are all magical in their own way, lovely eyes and such soul!
Victoris

Jennifer Rose said...

what an neat odd looking flowering tree :)

more great hair on your maidens :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Your photo is so beautiful! Love the flowers on the tree!
Love your sketches, especially the tiger stripped one! Very cool!
Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Valerie, Victoria, Jennifer, and Stacy!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely photograph.
There are so many different trees, and always nice to see them in photographs.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you very much Jan!