Friday, December 22, 2017

WIP Kitty Cat Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketch of a Poinsettia, Icelandic Poppy Flower & Big Eye Goddess/ December 20, 21, & 22 Sketches Daily...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a cat I've blocked in the underpainting for the background.  There will be some more layering in the background before I move on to the kitty underpainting...  The panel that I'm painting on is 8"x10"


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

===============================================


Here is a sketch of a poinsettia.  I love watching their leaves turn from green to red this time of year...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is from day 20.  

This is still a very rough sketch, I just felt like a bit of color so I used colored pencils.


Here is a sketch of an icelandic poppy.  I think poppies are one of my favorite flowers, they are so delicate...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is from day 21.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She seems to have a wary expression...  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December. This is day 22. 

This is a rough sketch. 

11 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful sketches. Really love the poppy especially as it is my favorite flower-the red ones!
Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the WIP and the beautiful sketches. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy belated birthday to you, too. This makes us sort of intercontinental twins! Hugs, Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

Hope you had a happy birthday - my good wishes.

I love your poinsettia sketch, they are such a lovely Christmas flower.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

great sketches :) love the colour on your poinsettia sketch :)

Christine said...

Beautiful WIP love the background colour. I also like the poinsettia with the hit of red colour. Beautiful sketches.

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab WIPs

DVArtist said...

Some beautiful pieces here that I know will be beautiful when finished. I am so honored to know you. Your have been a huge source of inspiration to me and thank you for encouragement. Have a very Merry Christmas and the best 2018.

Laney said...

I Love seeing your WIPs! I clicked over to your website - such beautiful art! Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind and thoughtful words!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your cat painting is going to be so adorable!
Love the sketches!!
Big Hugs Lisa!