Monday, December 11, 2017

WIP Big Eye Orchid Angel Fairy Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketches December 10 & 11/ Cat & Orchid Daily Sketch...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye orchid angel fairy, I've continued to work on her orchid.  I still need to do some more shading and paint the flower's core.  After which I will proceed to wispies and eye details.  There is some gold leaf in the background.  She is part of my garden guardian series.  She is titled "Orchid Intrigue."

This big eyed beauty is on a 16"x20" canvas in acrylics.  This piece and "Moonrise" have been accepted by the Ontario Museum of History & Art "Diversity and Inclusion:  The Influence of African American Art in Southern California Exhibit."  They accepted them as works in progress, so I'm a busy bee trying to get them finished hopefully well before the deadline...


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

===========================================


Here is a sketch of a kitty cat.  I'm intending to paint this one, but it definitely needs a great deal of refining first.  This is for someone very special, I hope I will finish it in time...


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is from day 10.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of part of a group of orchids.  Orchids are such elegant flowers...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 11.  

This is a rough sketch. 

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

She is really gorgeous, I love your attention to detail. The sketches are great, too. Hugs, Valerie

Jennifer Rose said...

cute kitty :) painting is still looking really good, very nice colours :)

Christine said...

Congrats on the pieces being accepted, but the pressure's on now to finish! Lovely sketches today, both kitty and orchids.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!
you do such beautiful work and such dedication, your love for your craft shows in your work!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Valerie, Jennifer, Christine, and Laurie; I'm getting close now...

Magic Love Crow said...

She is stunning Lisa!! And, I love your sketches! The cat is too cute! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you so much Stacy!

Lowcarb team member said...

Many congratulations on your pieces being accepted.

All the best Jan