Friday, June 14, 2013

Progress on my Mermaid by a Cathedral Painting & Aphrodite Coming to the Show...



I had hoped to get her done on time to take her with me to the show tomorrow, but I just didn't manage to get her done.  I do think she's coming along nicely though.  I didn't want to do rushed work in order to be able to take her with me, so she's still very much a work in progress.  I will have a number of others there though.


I will be bringing "Ocean Born" a 16"x20" original acrylic fantasy painting of the Greek (Roman) goddess of love Aphrodite (Venus), which I think is especially appropriate since the gallery is the Chateau L'Amour...    

The show information is here.  If you're in the Ontario, CA area on Saturday the 15th, we'd love to see you!  Alex Ledante will be showing his manga art and I will be bringing mainly fantasy art.  

Also, I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

18 comments:

Paper rainbow said...

Thought i would stop by to check the mermaids progress, looking good!! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful, beautiful, I wish I was near, I'm in Ontario but I'm in Ontario Canada!

Ariel said...

Best wishes for your show. Your mrrmaids are beautiful.

Mary C. Nasser said...

More progress and a new painting!
Good luck with your show! :)
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Faye said...

Best wishes on success at the show. Your mermaids are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Lovely work, I hope you do really well tomorrow!!! Happy PPF xox

Rita said...

Oh, I lioke waht you've done! So fun to watch your progress!

Rita said...

I should have looked at my typing before I hit "publish." Sorry for all the typos! :)

Tracey FK said...

I enjoy seeing each stage of your work... and good luck with the show...xx

Maggie said...

Beautiful paintings, and the first one is shaping up very nicely! Good luck with the art show!

Joni Nickrent said...

Looking beautiful! Love the mystical feeling the painting evokes!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your Greek Goddess is so romantic and sexy! Beautiful! And, I love the way your Mermaid is coming along! I am so happy you are not rushing her! Take Care ;o)

Nicola said...

I love mermaids! She's looking gorgeous! good luck with your show! :)

bellefrogworks said...

that mermaid is beauty in the making. Hope to see her finished.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you all so much for your well wishes on the show and your sweet words about my mermaid!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Wow! I love their expressive eyes, as well as your soft and romantic color palette. Blessings!

stefanie stark said...

All the best for the show! Your mermaids are wonderful!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Arnoldo and Stefanie!