Friday, June 7, 2013

Work in Progress View of a Mermaid by a Cathedral...



I haven't posted any progress on this one for a while because I was distracted by other projects.  I'm hoping to get her done on time to bring to the show on June 15th, but we'll see...  I've blocked in the cathedral, I want to add some texture to it with a sponge, and then do glazes to give a more under the sea kind of a feel.  I'm going to try to post frequent WIPs this week as I go.

You may see my finished "Nesting Fawn" on ebay here (or you may go down a post to see it) and you may see the show information here.  Alex Ledante will be showing his manga art and I will be bringing mainly fantasy art...

Also, I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Mermaid completed! :)

Faye said...

Love the perspective you've gotten in the archways. Looking forward to seeing more on this one later.

Anonymous said...

I have always enjoyed to see the process, your work is always amazing and this no exception,

Mary C. Nasser said...

The cathedral looks great!
Wonderful seeing your process.
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

janice smith said...

Hi there, Lisa! It's so fun to see works in progress. Your mermaid+cathedral is coming along nicely. Good luck with the show! Happy PPF! -janice

Rita said...

What a fun idea...wondering how this mermaid made her way to a Cathedral! Looking forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

Love the cathedral arches. Good luck on your show. I hope it is a wonderful success. Happy PPF

Paper rainbow said...

This is looking good so far! :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much!

Giggles said...

I look forward to see the finished project...So far very lovely!

Hugs Giggles

Magic Love Crow said...

Your mermaid painting is looking very mystical! I can't wait to see it finished! Hugs ;o)

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Looks great so far. I love the background colours and the composition of your mermaid. I will look forward to seeing this painting finished:)

Ivy said...

Look forward to seeing your finished mermaid. HPPF!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you for your sweet comments!

Fran said...

I really look forward to seeing your progress on this piece.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Gracie!