Monday, June 10, 2013

Rembrandt van Rijn at the Norton Simon Museum & a Bit of Work on my Mermaid's Tail...

Rembrandt van Rijn is one of my favorite artists of all time.  His portraits have an incredible warmth.  Even his loose brushstrokes define what he's painting with extreme beauty.  These are three pieces from the Norton Simon Museum of Art.  Whenever I go there, I make an effort to see them.  To see them fills me with much joy, I hope you will enjoy seeing these today.

Rembrandt van Rijn, Self-Portrait

Rembrandt van Rijn, Self-Portrait close up

Rembrandt van Rijn, Portrait of a Bearded Man in a Wide-Brimmed Hat

Rembrandt van Rijn, Portrait of a Bearded Man in a Wide-Brimmed Hat close up

Rembrandt van Rijn, Portrait of a Boy

Rembrandt van Rijn, Portrait of a Boy close up

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday


I spent some time working on my mermaid's tail.  At first I went in one color direction, but then decided to go in another.  She's going to have light blue eyes.  So when I thought about it, I decided I didn't want her tail to be so close in color, especially since it's in such close proximity to her face.

I'm hoping to get her done on time to bring to the show on June 15th, but we'll see...  The show information is here.  Alex Ledante will be showing his manga art and I will be bringing mainly fantasy art...

3 comments:

stefanie stark said...

Yes, I agree Rembrandt is a remarkable person! Your mermaid will become lovely! I'm looking forward how you will further proceed with this wonderful picture.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Stefanie!

Magic Love Crow said...

The art from Rembrandt is amazing! Thanks for sharing Lisa ;o) Oh, and I love the color of your Mermaid's Tail! She is going to look stunning!