Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sketch of Seahorses and Work in Progress of Mermaid by a Cathedral...



I'm planning on incorporating these seahorses into a small mermaid painting...  It's just a loose concept at this time, I haven't sketched the mermaid yet.  I find the seahorse to be a captivating subject, I'm considering doing a different drawing of just seahorses to possibly paint at some point.

To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://www.bluechairdiaryillustrations.com/


Here is some progress on the mermaid painting I am currently working on.  I've done some glazing to the background and the cathedral to convey that under the sea feel...

I'm hoping to get her done on time to bring to the show on June 15th, but we'll see...  The show information is here.  Alex Ledante will be showing his manga art and I will be bringing mainly fantasy art... 

7 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

seahorses are indeed magical beings.
your sketch looks wonderful. i love seeing the stages of your mermaid too. I hope you show it to us when you finish.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your seahorses and mermaid is turning out really well! Keep it up. :)

Anne Manda said...

Love your fragile sea horse sketch! Pretty WIP!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Tammie Lee, Alexandra, and Anne! I just realized I missed drawing the little fin on their backs, fortunately I can still add that in...

Magic Love Crow said...

Are your seahorses kissing? So cute! And, I am loving your Mermaid!!

Joni Nickrent said...

Loving your seahorses...can't wait to see how fantastical they turn out!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Stacy and Joni! I'm not sure if seahorses kiss, but they do court each other, so maybe :)...