Saturday, April 22, 2017

Happy Earth Day Wishes & Art Sketch of a Lisianthus Flower, April 33 Daily Sketches + Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum Show Opening...



Happy Earth Day Wishes from this big eye garden guardian fairy and from me at lisarusso.com!

If interested...  
"Iris Dream" Original 16"x20" Acrylic Painting, Open Edition 8"x10" Giclee Prints & Limited Edition Giclee ACEO Prints Here

==============================================


Here is a sketch of two lisianthus flowers.  There are also a few buds, interestingly the buds resemble rosebuds.  I think I'd like for them to be my next floral painting... 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is day 22.  

This is a rough sketch.

=================================================

Today is the opening day of El Festival de las Flores at the Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum Show.  I'll be there towards the end; my iris painting, showed framed here will be a part of it!  I'll try to take some photos while I'm there...

Opening reception
Saturday, April 22 at 6 PM - 10 PM
Dulce Stein Presents at The Neutra
2379 Glendale Blvd
Los Angeles, CA  90039
(323) 247-7113

The closing reception will be Sunday May 7th from 6-9 PM.
Additional viewing days are by appointment, please contact me if you're interested in setting up a visit and I'll put you in touch with the curator.  There will also be some special events during the run of the show, I'll update you as I know more...

The opening reception event information is here.

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy Earth Day to you, to, what a gorgeous greeting. Congrats on being part of the show, enjoy! Le the sketch, too. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Happy Earth Day! All the best at the show and lovely sketch today!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your big eyed garden guardian fairy ...
Good wishes for the show.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

pretty painted flower and pretty flower sketches :)

Anonymous said...

That is quite a beautiful picture. Happy Earth Day

JFM said...

She is gorgeous Lisa...for Earth Day or any Day...wow!!!
Your sketches are always so pretty, too. You are a wonderful and talented artist~

Hugs~

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jan, Jennifer, Martin, and Jan!

DVArtist said...

These are just beautiful but your earth day is stunning.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you so much Nicole!

Victoria said...

Yay, such a gorgeous Earth Day tribute.. fantastical and beautiful art!
Wonderful news about the show too..congrats!!
Happy Earth day
Victoria

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Victoria!

Magic Love Crow said...

I hope you had a great Earth Day Lisa and I hope you're having fun at the show too! Love your sketch! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Stacy, I appreciate your kind thoughts