Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My Photograph of Viridiflora Tulips at Descanso Gardens + April Sketches Art, Day 27 Sketch, Angel Fairy...



I took this photograph of these viridiflora tulips at Descanso Gardens.  These flowers have some green that courses through them...  The tulips are no longer in bloom, but I can still enjoy them as they have been captured in their beauty.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

==============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  I enjoyed sketching her hair piled high upon her head...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is day 26.

This is a rough sketch.

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The photo is beautiful, I have never seen that sort of tulips before. Great sketch as always. Thanks for sharing, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

unusual tulips and a beautiful maiden today!

Jennifer Rose said...

what a neat looking flower :) great hairstyle on your maiden :)

Anonymous said...

The picture of the flowers is lovely, wouldn't you say fair maiden.

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Olá, Bom dia! o esboço inicial certamente que vai ficar lindo quando acabado, sua arte é linda e perfeita, pintar flores é uma arte difícil para alguns, mas fácil para o seu perfeito dom.
AG

Lisabella Russo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jennifer, Martin, and AG!

Lowcarb team member said...

Those tulips are so lovely and the shading is gorgeous ...

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

I love those flowers! So different with the green!! Gorgeous maiden!!! Beautiful! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you so very much Jan and Stacy!