Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My Photograph of Fringed Double Bloom Tulip Flowers at Descanso Gardens + April Sketches Art, Day 5 Sketch, Fairy Angel...



I took this photograph of this fringed double bloom tulip at Descanso Gardens during a recent visit.  I go a little photo nuts when I visit the gardens, I love flowers so much and I don't have any type of green in my thumb...  I'm not sure how long the tulips will be in bloom though.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

==========================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has a gentle smile and sweet expression...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel , although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is day 5.

This is a rough sketch.

9 comments:

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is such a pretty plant. Don't think I have ever seen one before. Great photo. Shows all the details.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photo, I love those tulips. Great sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

What beautiful tulips! I love your maiden's hairstyle today!

Jennifer Rose said...

what a pretty flower! the colours are gorgeous.

your maiden's hair is great :D

Anonymous said...

More toying with the hair styles. Can't wait to see where this leads.

JFM said...

Love that Fringed Tulip...great photo!!! And your maiden is so beautiful Lisa~

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Nicole, Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jennifer, Martin, and Jan!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely photograph, the colours in the blooms are lovely.
I like your sketch too.

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous flower! Gorgeous sketch! Big Hugs Lisa!