Wednesday, October 18, 2017

My Photograph of Red Orange Icelandic Poppies at Descanso Gardens + Sketch of a Big Eye Angel Fairy/ October 18 Art Sketches Daily...



I took this photograph of these red orange icelandic poppies at Descanso Gardens some time in May.  They are not presently blooming, but I was looking through my images and thought they were too beautiful not to share.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

==================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is looking downwards with a wary expression...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is day 18. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 48. 

This is a rough sketch.

8 comments:

Christine said...

Stunning poppies and a cute maiden!

SHON said...

Such a beautiful photo!

Jennifer Rose said...

nice bright red flowers :)I want to grow poppies but they tend to grow everywhere lol

cute button nosed maiden :)

Valerie-Jael said...

The red poppies are among m fave flowers, always so beautiful. Your photo is wonderful. Great sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! Fantastic red orange icelandic poppies ... lovely photograph.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, SHON, Jennifer, Valerie, and Jan!

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous flowers and gorgeous sketch!! Big Hugs Lisa!

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks very much Stacy!