Sunday, October 29, 2017

WIP Big Eye Self Portrait Art Original Painting Work in Progress + October Sketches, Sketch 28 & 29, Goddess & Fairy...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of an idealized big eye version of myself, I've been working on the background and have started on the eyes.  I spent much a day sketching the flowers that surround me but I have quite a ways to go before I paint them.  I wanted to give a fantasy feel of roses floating around me.

This idealized big eyed self portrait is on a 16"x20" canvas in acrylics.    


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

=======================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has an elaborate hairstyle and a gaze of sweetness...  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is from day 28. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 58. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She looks as though she may be planning something...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is day 29. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 59. 

This is a rough sketch. 

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your portrait will be wonderful, and I am very much looking forward to seeing it progress and completion. Great sketches, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

I love the blue background! Your maidens are gorgeous today.

NatureFootstep said...

lol, a selfie? I love the idea.

Love the other sketched you share :)

Victoria said...

Wow, it is so wonderful how you have created so many sketches this past while, it must feel very rewarding and exciting! These are so majestic and lovely, that blue backdrop is divine and they are all so magical in their ow way!powerful works, always so fun visiting your fantastical world! Do you have a favorite of your sketches so far ?
I love them all.
Victoria

Jennifer Rose said...

the self portrait is a great idea! :D

SHON said...

Very beautiful sketches. This painting of the idealized big eye version of yourself is entirely gorgeous!

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Olá, belo trabalho na criação do lindo autorretrato de olhos grandes, certamente que vai conseguir o objetivo dos 100 retratos, todos eles vão ficar maravilhosos.
Continuação de feliz semana,
AG

stefanie stark said...

The maidens are so pretty! And I also visited your gallery and found your wonderful flowers! It's such a pleasure to click each picture and enjoy your floral art! It's fantastic!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly for your sweet words!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your work in progress Lisa is amazing! I can't wait to see it finished!
Love your two maidens! They are completely different! I don't know how you do it! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Aww, thanks very much Stacy!

Lowcarb team member said...

Great sketches here.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Jan!