Friday, October 27, 2017

WIP Big Eye Ghost Art Original Painting Work in Progress + October Sketches, Sketch 25, 26, & 27/ Big Eye Mermaid, Goddess, & Fairy...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye ghost.  I've worked on her chemise, her shading, fixed her nose, and painted her features...  I'd like to add in some drips with her eye makeup soon and I'm excited to do some experiments on my test canvas for her hair.  "Moonrise" is inspired by an African American folktale "I Know Moonrise" as retold by S.E. Schlosser.  She drowned in the marsh and longs for her family. 

This big eyed beauty is on a 16"x20" canvas in acrylics.   


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

===============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  Her hair flows wildly around her and she seems to have a quizzical expression...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is from day 25. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 55. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a very knowing gaze...  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is from day 26. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 56. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a whimsical look.  This isn't one of my favorites, but some days are just better (or worse) than others.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is day 27. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 57. 

This is a rough sketch. 

19 comments:

Christine said...

Your WIP is coming along nicely Lisa, you are so patient. The maidens are so beautiful.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your ghost lady is coming along very well, you pay great attention to all the details. Lovely sketches, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

super looking portraits! Love how the ghost maiden is coming along and i really like that wild hair on the Gothic maiden. Happy PPF!

SHON said...

So marvellous!

Victoria said...

So many wonderful works..these are all beautiful Lisa..I can always feel an intensity in your faces and eyes...really wonderful..magical..spirited beings full of power! Gorgeous!!
hugs wishing you a magical wkd!

Sue (this n that) said...

You've certainly set yourself a goal with so many pieces Lisa and I can see that you will definitely achieve it.
Your faces are truly lovely and so expressive, each showing us (as much as they choose) their personalities.
I also love your detail to their hair.
Happy PPF and enjoy your sketching and painting. With warmest good wishes, Sue xx

Faye said...

The sketches and the WIP are all so pretty. I especially like the big eyed ghost.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your WIP is really coming along nicely, you must be pleased.
Love how your maidens hair really flows in your sketch.

All the best Jan

DVArtist said...

Wow she is gorgeous as is your sketch.

JKW said...

I love your big-eyed Maidens. Blessings, Janet

Susan said...

Love your gothic maiden! Will you be painting her? Her hair is amazing. Happy PPF...late

Jennifer Rose said...

her nose does look better that way and really like your wild child maiden :)

NatureFootstep said...

I like the look of your ghost so far. I´m sure she will be fine :)

Love the other sketches too. :)

Connie Arnold said...

Love your sketches, and the big eyed ghost is lovely and haunting.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly for your sweet and thoughtful comments.

Deepa Gopal said...

'The Big Eyed Beauty' is coming along really fine! Your sketches are awesome too esp the first one! I love big eyes too and in all my earlier painting I, without fail, used to portray them with big eyes...even now but sometimes! I sometimes get inspired to make art from my readings/literature too!

DVArtist said...

You are such a wonderful artist and an inspiration to me. I am sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for the self portrait to be finished.

Magic Love Crow said...

I am in awww Lisa!! Your WIP and your 3 sketches are amazing! Truly beautiful! Love them all! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Deepa, Nicole, and Stacy!