Monday, March 23, 2020

WIP Mermaid with a Seashell Crown Art Original Painting Work in Progress...



I finished the toned drawing study I shared a while back and have begun the painting of this mermaid with a seashell crown.  I'll share the finished version of the drawing when I am also finished with this piece.  In this original wip work in progress acrylic painting I've been working on the background, the lineart for her face and details are difficult to see, but they have been transferred over.  I have a smidge more to do on the background and then I'll begin with the coral part of her crown.  It isn't blocked in as I plan on doing it with drips over the dark background...

This big eyed beauty is on a 16"x20" oval canvas.


This is a work in progress, but I also post finished pieces here as well if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisabellarusso.com if you'd like.


7 comments:

Christine said...

Looks like a good start.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh. I am so happy to see how you get started. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing more. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie

Jennifer Rose said...

the background is nice :) cant wait to see her crown

R's Rue said...

Love.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much! I'm looking forward to doing more work on her.

Lowcarb team member said...

A good start here, I look forward to seeing the progression.

All the best Jan