Monday, June 2, 2014

Teresa by Élisabeth Vigée-Lebrun at the Norton Simon Museum of Art & Waterlily Fairy Maiden Painting WIP...


Teresa, Countess Kinsky by Marie-Louise-Élisabeth Vigée-Lebrun

This painting is part of the permanent collection at the Norton Simon Museum of Art.  It is titled Teresa, Countess Kinsky and it is by Marie-Louise-Élisabeth Vigée-Lebrun, alternately spelled LeBrun or Le Brun.  It is a large and regal painting touched with delicate beauty.  I love this painting and I hope you will enjoy it...


I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday


I've done some work on my big eye waterlily garden guardian.  I've been working on the hair of this gothic fairy maiden.


If I finish this on time, I will likely be including her in the No Themes & No Limits show in Pomona on Saturday June 14th.  Additional show information is here.

14 comments:

Crystelle Boutique said...

I love the hair on your guardian, and I love Teresa! Have you seen this work in real life? :)
xox, Crystelle

Victoria said...

Your painting is gorgeous..she is sublime and magical..fantastic work! Love the other painting you shared too!

Christine said...

lovely inspiration and beautiful fairy!

Margie said...

Lisa, I really love that painting you have shared here by the other talented artist, she does look very regal.
And your garden guardian is looking very beautiful, I hope you finish her in time for your show.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful water lily art work ~ such talent ~ divine!

xoxo

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Faye said...

Lisa, thank you for sharing the Lebrun painting. I was not familiar with this artist so I have missed out on viewing this gorgeous painting. Your big eyed garden guardian is wonderful. I love her beautiful face and her fluffy hair.

DVArtist said...

I always love the way you paint hair. It flows perfectly
Nicole/Beadwright

Unknown said...

Every time I see your creation I am so amazed. Her hair is coming out lovely.

Out of Sight L said...

I love that you share with us what you Love she is indeed quite remarkable, love the dress, and yet I Find your stunning fairies, a work of equal beauty even if the style is oh so different , I'll always like magic more. You are a beautiful, magical,kind artist and I'm glad I know you, Lisa Isabella!

Camila Rafaela Felippi said...

So lovely! I loved her hair, her eyes and the flower

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind words on the Norton Simon piece and my piece as well! Yes Crystelle, I have had the good fortune of seeing that painting in person, that's my photo that I took of it.

Magic Love Crow said...

The Countess is stunning! Beautiful piece of art!
Your Garden Guardian is so pretty! I love the way she flows ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Kim said...

She is beautiful. I'm looking at your pictures today and thinking "oh I want to draw something with wings" Thanks for inspiring me.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Stacy and Kim! Glad I could inspire you Kim :)