Friday, July 15, 2016

WIP Angel Fairy Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 15, Foal...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've been working on her wings.  Her blue wings are inspired by hummingbird wings.  Next I'll be working on her big brown eyes.  This angel fairy is a little 4"x4" acrylic painting. 


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/


Here is a sketch of a foal.  This young horse has a beautiful energy.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 15.   

This is a rough sketch.

16 comments:

Christine said...

Your wip will be so precious and small! I like the tilt of the foal's head.

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

I am amazed (again) at how much detail you can draw and paint into a little 4x4" picture - awesome.

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty blue wings :)

cute little foal

Linda Kunsman said...

she is very striking , and I love the tender look of that foal. Happy PPF!

Robin said...

Hi Lisa Isabella! I am so excited to see your big eyed maiden completed. Your fowl is precious too. I want to try some smaller canvases. I would never have imagined that your angel is only 4"x4"! Thank you for stopping by and hope you have had a Fun Paint Party Friday and a Wonderful Weekend. Hugs, Rasz

Laney said...

4 x 4 is so small! I love it when you show paintings in progress. It is interesting to see the process. Happy PPF!

sirkkis said...

Interesting project with the small canvas. Lovely sketchings.
Happy weekend xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, I especially love the foal, as I love watching the horses on the fields here. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much! Painting small definitely has its challenges, but I also think it's fun.

Anonymous said...

Is it coincidence you worked on her wings first and the second sketch is a horse? ...freedom

Alicia C said...

I remember the big eyed maiden! Very arresting. And now this wonderful horse!! Super awesome

Giggles said...

Wow I went to your website and your fairies are gorgeous! Love pandora and tender heart!! I hope everyone takes a jaunt over there!! It's really hard to get the full impact of your talent on this blog... you are an amazing artist!!

Hugs Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thank you most kindly! I tend to work from back to front with some exceptions...

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the way your horse has his head tilted! Your work in progress is going wonderful! I can't wait to see it finished! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Stacy!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like your maiden, but your horse is what speaks to me this week. Thank you for your visit on the 16th, and sorry I'm so late replying, but I was out of town. Blessings!