Monday, July 18, 2016

WIP Angel Fairy Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 18, Rose...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've transferred the sketch and painted in the blue blue sky.  Her  wings are inspired by hummingbird wings and they'll be the next part of her that I'll paint.  This angel fairy is a little 4"x4" acrylic painting. 

I like to work on more than one painting sometimes because I can alternate between them, but sometimes it's just the one that I'm feeling the most that I work on for a while...


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.



Here is a sketch of a blooming rose.  I saw it and felt like I wanted to be lost in it for a while, so I sketched it.  I doubt I'll paint it, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in June.  This is day 28.   

This is a rough sketch.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Can't wait to see the wings come in. Too bad you won't paint the rose.

Jennifer Rose said...

your rose looks really nice with all of those petals and looking forward to seeing your painted wings :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Christine and Jennifer! Unfortunately I'm not fast enough to paint that many of my sketches...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and there is still a ways to let your imagination go

Magic Love Crow said...

I think you should paint your rose Lisa! Maybe for one month, don't do any sketches, but pick your favourite ones and start painting them??? Just an idea! :) Your Angel is looking wonderful! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Martin and Stacy! I'm working on I believe five paintings right now, that's about as much as I can manage... The sketches don't take a lot of time and are a nice way to wind down my day... Thanks for your sweet thought though Stacy.