Friday, July 22, 2016

WIP Angel Fairy Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 22, Tulip...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've been working on her wings.  Her wings are inspired by hummingbird wings.  Next I'll most likely paint her eyes.  Eyes are one of my favorite things to paint.  This angel fairy is a little 4"x4" acrylic painting. 


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/



Here is a sketch of a tulip.  I think tulips are such lovely and delicate flowers.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 22.   

This is a rough sketch.

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, tulips are wonderful. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

Happy PPF; luv how the sketches is going are coming along

much love...

Carol said...

She's beautiful ♥ Can't wait to see her finished and the Rose one from Tuesday is gorgeous too ♥♥♥

Christine said...

beautiful wings, and I love your tulip sketch!

Jennifer Rose said...

the wings are wonderful :) love that colour of blue

genie said...

Your angel fairy is coming along beautifully.The color is such a nice one. Please share it with us when you finish. Also, I love the sketch of the tulip. It just happens to be one of my favorite flowers along with the poppy. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. genie

Anonymous said...

Love your girl illustration!! Can't wait to see the end result!

Have a wonderful day!
Nora Clemens-Gallo

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much!

Fran said...

I agree, I love painting eyes also. Sometimes I start with the eyes.

Anonymous said...

There is innocence in er eyes

Alexandra MacVean said...

I love the blue you're using on this painting and can't wait to see it finished. :)

Giggles said...

Wonderful start...and love the sharp lines for your tulip!

Hugs Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly!

Magic Love Crow said...

Her wings look beautiful!! I love your tulip!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Stacy!