Monday, September 11, 2017

WIP Peacock Feather Study Art Original Painting Work in Progress + September Sketches, Sketch 11, Big Eye Angel Fairy...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a peacock feather study, I've painted the background and am experimenting with the notion of using gold leaf.  I think it may work out, but we'll see.  The canvas that I'm painting on is 5"x7"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  Her dainty parasol protects her from the sun's rays.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in September. This is day 11. 

I am also participating in the September 29 Faces Challenge! The goal is to share 29 faces in the month of September.  I think I will try to extend it out to a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days...

This is a rough sketch. 

7 comments:

SHON said...

She is so thoughtful today... But many years ago so many people in the States died on the September 11... I think your big eyed maiden commemorate with them today... Really delicate and sensitive...

Christine said...

Can't wait to see how your gold leaf experiment turns out! Lovely maiden with parasol today!

Jennifer Rose said...

good luck with the gold leaf. love the look but it always ends up all over my fingers lol

Anonymous said...

She must not like the rain. What will make her smile?

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much SHON, Christine, Jennifer, and Martin! I think she's avoiding the sun with her parasol...

Magic Love Crow said...

That peacock feather is going to be very cool, when finished! I'm anxious to see it! Love your little maiden! Adorable! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your WIP painting of a peacock feather.

All the best Jan