Wednesday, August 2, 2017

My Photograph of Pink Water Lilies at Huntington Gardens + August Sketches Art, Day 2 Sketch, Big Eye Mermaid...



I took this photograph of these pink water lilies at Huntington Gardens.  Water lily flowers have such beauty and grace.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

=============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has long flowing hair and a sweet expression.  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is day 2.

This is a rough sketch. 

12 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Water lilies are lovely. And that's a nice sketch. Greetings.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great sketch and a fantastic photo, those flowers are so magical. Hugs, Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice sketch Lisa.
I just love how the light shines in your photograph, such beautiful pink water lilies.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Lovely pink lilies and a cute maiden today!

Anonymous said...

Did we bet on the goddess? She is stunning!

DVArtist said...

Your photography is so beautiful just like your art.

Victoria said...

What a beautiful flower..the shade of pink is exquisite! I am loving your new sketch..she is evocative and intriguing..her eyes are powerful..and I love the shape of her lips and nose..beautifully done!
Have a sweet day
Victoria

Jennifer Rose said...

nice pink photo :) goes great with todays maiden :)

NatureFootstep said...

don´t think I have seen this color on a waterlily before. So special :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much for your sweet and thoughtful words on my photo and sketch!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your sketch and photo are both stunning! Big Hugs Lisa!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Stacy!