Wednesday, August 16, 2017

My Photograph of a Trio of Roses at Huntington Gardens + August Sketches Art, Day 16 Sketch, Big Eye Fairy Angel...



I took this photograph of these roses at Huntington Gardens.  I love that this trio of flowers had different colors growing from the same stem.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

===========================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has an inquisitive quality.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is day 16.

This is a rough sketch. 

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I've never seen three colours of roses on one stem before, how beautiful. Great sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Beautiful painting great job! Pretty maiden too

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love the colours of these roses.
Roses are one of my favourite flowers.

All the best Jan

SHON said...

Very beautiful roses with a marvellous Color. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Normally I go for the beautiful maiden, but the flowers are stunning.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie, Christine, Jan, SHON, and Martin!

Jennifer Rose said...

what beautiful flowers :D

another pretty maiden :)

NatureFootstep said...

the roses are amazing. So nice with different coloring of them. I have seen something similar but not with this beautiful colors.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Jennifer and NatureFootstep!

Magic Love Crow said...

Those roses are gorgeous and I love your maiden! Big Hugs Lisa!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Stacy!