Saturday, August 12, 2017

WIP Big Eye Mermaid Flapjack Octopus Art Original Painting Work in Progress + August Sketches, Sketch 11 & 12, Orchid Flower & Peacock Bird...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye mermaid and a flapjack octopus I've made quite a bit of progress since the last time I posted her.  I've worked on her features, her dress, and her hair.  At this point I still need to paint her little octopus friend and possibly give her some hair wispies as well and she should be fini.  I think I am going to save the highlights in the eyes until last again.  The panel that I'm painting on is 4"x4"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

===============================================


Here is a sketch of an orchid.  Orchids are one of my favorite flowers, they have such a range of beauty...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is from day 11.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a peacock.  I'm planning on painting one, well actually two, one solo and one with the goddess Hera.  I've never drawn one before, so I decided to start with this one, although I think I have another one in mind to paint.  They are such beautiful birds.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is day 12.  

This is a rough sketch. 

8 comments:

Christine said...

Love her hair! Nice orchid and peacock sketches today as well!

Jennifer Rose said...

love your peacock! :D you did great with it

your little painting is looking good, coming along really well :)

Anonymous said...

Love the direction you took.
Dream on...

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful sketches, that peacock is already looking so good. Your big eyed maiden is looking incredible, you have really come a long way since last week, she's beautiful. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Christine, Jennifer, Martin, and Valerie!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such fabulous colour hair ...

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is looking amazing Lisa!! Love both your sketches! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jan and Stacy!