Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Original Big Eye Goddess Aphrodite Venus Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! August Sketches...


I'm going out of town tomorrow 8/23, I could be gone for around a week, but I'm hoping that my trip will only last a few days.  I'll try to keep sketching for my daily sketch challenge and I hope to post the sketches that I complete upon my return.


"Aphrodite" Original 5"x7" Painting on Canvas Panel Here

This week my featured painting is "Aphrodite."  She has big blue green teal eyes and blonde hair with purple streaks.  Aphrodite (also known to the Romans as Venus) is the Greek goddess of love and is part of my goddess series.  I think love is so very important.  The original big eye surreal lowbrow fantasy goddess painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is flowers and includes a selection of some of my white flower art; you may see them here.

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday

===========================================


Here is a sketch of an oriental poppy.  I think they are such beautiful flowers, I saw them first in Georgia O'Keefe's gorgeous paintings and they have been dear to me ever since...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is day 22.  

This is a rough sketch.  

15 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful Aphrodite, love the colour of her hair! Nice poppy sketch too.

SHON said...

Wow! Your Aphrodite is so gorgeous with a very lovely look. Extraordinary beautiful painting!

Anonymous said...

Take me away. She is sunning.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful painting and sketch. Enjoy your trip out of town. Hugs, Valerie

Faye said...

So gorgeous, Lisa.

Magyar said...

__ Alluring! _m

NatureFootstep said...

love Aphrodites almost green eyes :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lisa ...

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

lovely poppy sketch :)

hope your trip goes well :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Enjoy your trip my friend!! Love your painting! She is beautiful! Pretty flower sketch! Big Hugs!

DVArtist said...

Lisa she is beautiful. I am loving the hair you are painting these days. I know this flower will be amazing once finished too. Have a great trip.

baili said...

I am realizing your art getting better and better with each da dear Lisa!!!

She is stunning and eye holding!

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Olá, sua arte é fabulosa, quem aprecia fica ligado à mesma, é o meu caso, a Afrodite está fenomenal.
excelente viagem de regresso e feliz fim de semana,
AG

Lux G. said...

What a lovely lass.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful words! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back, my schedule is probably still going to be a bit off for a while though...