Friday, August 4, 2017

WIP Big Eye Goddess Betta Fish Art Original Painting Work in Progress + August Sketches, Sketch 3 & 4, Daffodil & Calla Lily Flower...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye goddess and a betta fish I've been working on his fins, I'm pleased with them at this point and will move on to his body soon...  I think I am going to save the highlights in her eyes until last again.  The panel that I'm painting on is 4"x4"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

==========================================


 Here is a sketch of a daffodil flower.  They seem like such a friendly flower to me...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is from day 3.

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a calla lily flower.  Calla lilies have such elegant lines...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is day 4.  

This is a rough sketch.  

19 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful WIP so far can't wait to see how you finish the betta fish. Pretty
Flower sketches too!

Tracey FK said...

Your big eyed lady is coming along beautifully and I hope you do paint one or both of the drawings... I think they are amazing actually!

Lowcarb team member said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lowcarb team member said...

Your flower sketches are lovely, especially the daffodil.
Your WIP is coming along so well, I love the colours you are using.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty flower sketches :)

and the painting is coming along nicely, the fish is looking great :)

Anonymous said...

Love the colors you had chosen.

Robin said...

Great post! Your lovely girl is so pretty and beautiful colors. I like your flower drawings too. Big hugz and Happy PPF, Rasz

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful sketches, and your big eyed girl is a dream, so beautiful. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

She is lovely

Mandy said...

She is coming along nicely...xx

Margik said...

She is so pretty! Love your style.

Giggles said...

She is glorious Lisa!! Love her lips and wonderful expression!!

Hugs Giggles

DVArtist said...

Lisa I am really loving the hair on the maidens these days. The color is stunning. Looking forward to seeing the flowers finished.

Irene Rafael said...

Your WIP is lovely already! Her eyes are delightful!

Nicolas Hall said...

I love the painting in progress! Cannot wait to see the finished piece. the goddess and the fish seem like kindred spirits in that image. And I agree about daffodils. Such a wonderfully strange flower and there's nothing quite like them really. Early bloomers here, they are the first signs of what is to come after the dark, moody and grey winters. They do seem made to trumpet the arrival of the season and their lines seem to shout their arrival! :)

As always your work inspires and delights. . . pure Magik in the world that you create!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your sweet and thoughtful words, they are much appreciated!

NatureFootstep said...

I like the fins too. Can´t wait untill you are finished. Will be gorgeous. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Lisa, I really love this little painting! Love your flower sketches too! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly NatureFootstep and Stacy!