Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lisianthus Flowers Original Painting Framed for the December Miniatures and Small Works Exhibit at the Whittier Art Gallery + November Sketches, Sketch 27, Fairy Angel, 300th Consecutive...



Edit: I should be heading out to the exhibit towards the end, in the 5pm-6pm range, if you're in the area, I would love to see you there!

Here is my original lisianthus painting, framed and ready to go for the December Miniatures and Small Works Exhibit at the Whittier Art Gallery.  Framed "Lisianthus Beauties" measures 5 1/4" x 4 3/4", unframed this tiny acrylic painting on vellum paper measures 4"x3.5".  I intend to be at the opening, but I'm not sure exactly at what time though yet.

December Miniatures and Small Works Exhibit
Whittier Art Gallery
8035 Painter Ave
Whittier, California 90602
(562) 698-8710

Show runs Wednesday November 30th through Saturday December 24th
The gallery is open Wednesdays through Sundays from 1-6
Opening Reception Saturday December 3rd from 3-6

=====================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has a hat of many flowers and a considering gaze.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.   She is in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches.  I am using Col-Erase Prismacolor pencils, I like having the option to erase a bit. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in November.  This is day 27.  It is my 300th day of consecutive sketching since February 1st...

This is a sketch in colored pencils.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.  I'm not really a colored pencil artist but I am exploring something new for the sketchbook.  I will be juxtaposing my usual rough sketches with the colored pencil sketches at varying intervals.  I tend to sketch very lightly, so these and my usual pencil ones are darkened a bit in photoshop for online viewing. 

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always enchanted by small paintings, and small sketchbooks! Beautiful flowers. I hope the exhibit goes really well for you.

Christine said...

Your framed lisanthus is exquisite! Your maiden is so delicately drawn and pretty.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful miniature painting ~ and congrats on exhibition ~ lovely angel girl ~ thanks,

Wishing you a lovely week ~ ^_^

Magic Love Crow said...

Your framed flowers are so beautiful! All the best at the exhibition!!
Your maiden is so beautiful!!! I love her with the flowers! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful display for the flowers

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous painting, so well framed, too. Great sketch! Have a good start in the new week, hugs, Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

I often wonder is it more difficult to produce a small painting as the work and strokes have to be smaller! I do like your painting.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Paula, Christine, Carol, Stacy, Martin, Valerie-Jael, and Jan! Small paintings definitely have their own unique challenges...

Tammie Lee said...

I wish you a wonderful show. Sweet framed piece and big eyed girl too.

Magyar said...

All fine, and they cause imaginations to move.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Tammie Lee and Magyar!