Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sketch of Big Eye Fairy, Art Sketches Daily, November 20, Sketchbook...



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She seems to have a wise gaze.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.   She is in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches.  I am using Col-Erase Prismacolor pencils, I like having the option to erase a bit.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in November.  This is day 20.

This is a sketch in colored pencils.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.  I'm not really a colored pencil artist but I am exploring something new for the sketchbook.  I will be juxtaposing my usual rough sketches with the colored pencil sketches at varying intervals.  I tend to sketch very lightly, so these and my usual pencil ones are darkened a bit in photoshop for online viewing.

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely sketch. Thanks for the info about the colorase pencils, they sound good. I will see if I can get some - or something similar - over here. Have a good, new week, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

your tiny sketch is lovely!

Jennifer Rose said...

I could never get the Col-Erase Prismacolor to erase, so gave up on erasing and switched to pens lol

Anonymous said...

The paper and drawing colors make this so real

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jennifer, and Martin. I think the lines have to be fairly faint for the col-erase to erase, I'm so impressed by people who sketch in ink...

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Regine!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the sketch in the coloured pencils! Beautiful!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Stacy!