Saturday, November 26, 2016

WIP Big Eye Gothic Maiden Art Original Painting Work in Progress + November Sketches, Sketch 25 & 26, Calla Lily Flower + Big Eye Angel Fairy...



In this original work in progress WIP big eye gothic maiden painting I've been working the background.  I feel this is a bit too light and I'd like some more Payne's Grey mixed in with the purple, but this will serve as a base for a darker background.  The sketch is a bit light, but for those of you who have monitors that don't register the soft lines, fear not, additional details are coming soon...

This big eyed gothic beauty is on an 8"x10" panel in acrylics and has a lovely oval frame waiting for her.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm prepping my lisianthus flowers painting for the December Miniatures and Small Works Exhibit at the Whittier Art Gallery!  The show will open on December 3rd and close on December 24th, I'll try to post full details and a picture of the painting framed tomorrow...


======================================================


Here is a sketch of a calla lily.  I love how calla lilies flow, they are such a lovely flower.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in November.  This is from day 25.  

This is a rough sketch.



Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  Her eyes are gently closed and she wears a dashing hat.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in November.  This is day 26.

This is a rough sketch.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

LovelY sketch of the lady with the fancy hat, and the sketch of the caLla is great, too - they are indeed lovely flowers. Looking forward to seeing more details of the painting. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely work Lisa I can see the faint lines no problem.

Anonymous said...

Love the direction you are taking

Jennifer Rose said...

nice start to your painting :) I actually like the light purple background a lot, its very pretty :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Martin, and Jennifer. I like the light purple too, but I don't think it's quite right for this...

Magic Love Crow said...

Your new painting is going to be beautiful!! I can't wait to see more finished on it!
Love your lily!! And, your maiden with the hat is so beautiful!! LOVE!!! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you very much Stacy!