Sunday, November 13, 2016

November Sketches, Sketch Art 12 + 13, Anemone Flowers + Seashells...


***I am pleased to report that my left hand continues to heal.  Hand permitting, I will most likely post again on Tuesday, after that I hope to resume my usual posting schedule.***



Here is a sketch of anemone flowers.  It is in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches.   I'm unsure if I'll paint them or not, but I did enjoy sketching them.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in November.  This is from day 12.  

This is a sketch in colored pencils.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.  I'm not really a colored pencil artist but I am exploring something new for the sketchbook, I was going to try inking in October, but the pages of this Moleskine sketchbook are far too thin for that.  I will be juxtaposing my usual rough sketches with the colored pencil sketches at varying intervals.  I tend to sketch very lightly, so these and my usual pencil ones are darkened a bit in photoshop for online viewing. 



Here is a sketch of a seashell.  It is in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches.   I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in November.  This is day 13.  

This is a sketch in colored pencils.  

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:

11 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

great anemone :D they are my favourite flower :) your shell is nicely drawn too :)

alarmcat said...

these are very nice! glad to hear you are healing!

Christine said...

beautiful anemones and a fine seashell! Glad you are healing well.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful sketches, your lines are always so fine and neat. Have a good week, glad your arm is mending, hugs, Valerie

stefanie stark said...

It's such a pleasure to look at your delicate beautiful anemone flower and the seashell! And with regard to your hand I wish a speedy recovery!

Neesie said...

Beautiful sketches Lisa, especially the anemone.
Good luck with your sketch a day and I'm glad to hear that your hand is healing :D

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful sketches here and I am so pleased that your hand is healing.
Take care

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Lisa, so happy your hand is getting better! Beautiful sketches my friend! Nice that you are trying something new with the coloured pencils! Big Hugs!

Anonymous said...

These are remarkable sketches

NatureFootstep said...

loved the anemone sketch :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly! Much appreciated.