Friday, April 10, 2015

Angel Fairy Big Eye Art Original Painting Work in Progress WIP + Beetle Website Update...



Here is a work in progress view of my 11"x14" original big eye angel fairy painting.  In this wip I think I'm finally done with the clouds!  I've started on her wings, to the right there's a base coat and to the left there's another layer that will be covered with who knows how many layers.  I've just started to assess around where I'd like some of the more prominent feathers.  I thought this was an interesting wip shot since it shows layers that will be almost if not completely covered by the time that I am finished...


I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/


"Found" Original 5"x7" Painting, Open Edition 5"x7" Giclee Prints & Limited Edition Giclee ACEO Prints Here

"Found" is a bit different then most of my pieces, it is of an insect found in a friend's car.  I wish it still had life, that I could have set it free.  Although its life was gone, I still found beauty in it and decided to pay homage to what was once there with a painting.  I thought it looked a bit like an Egyptian scarab beetle, but I don't think that isn't what it actually is.  This piece has a realist surreal feel.  This piece is available as an original, as prints, and Limited Edition ACEOs! 

Every week on Tuesday, I try to list a small original, some giclee art prints, and giclee LE ACEO prints at promotional prices. Visit here to see what I have available this week! 

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your fairy is coming along well, the clouds are great. Love 'found' too. Valerie

Giggles said...

The fairy wing is looking lovely so far...and "found" is wonderfully colourful.

Hugs Giggles

Faye said...

Love the clouds!!! And the insect is great too.

Margie said...

Lisa, I am always in awe of your talent.
I so love this angel fairy, she is coming along so beautifully!!!

I also love "Found"
How wonderful you paid homage to the little insect in your painting, I find that to be so touching!

Blogoratti said...

It's all so wonderful, and I'm sure the final product will be so much more. Very creative!

Gingi said...

I like seeing how it comes together.. I really can't think in layers like that.. - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

Carol said...

Love the direction your fairy is going ♥ I love the beetle painting too. I found a dead red velvet wasp one and thought it was so pretty I did several different drawings and paintings of it. Inspiration comes from everywhere ♥

Christine said...

poor insect! I love how her wings are coming in!

Lorraine said...

like the wings

Ariel said...

Waiting to see the fairy finished. Already the background cloud looks wonderful

Out of Sight L said...

your imagination is boundless...you can do anything....and I love the little cutie that ended up in a car...wonderful you, Lisa Isabella, x

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your WIP is coming along great! I enjoy seeing your in process photos and have always loved you sharing that with us on Sunday Sketches. You're one talented chickie! :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much!