Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Original Big Eye Goddess Aphrodite Venus Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! March Sketches...



"Aphrodite" Original 5"x7" Painting on Canvas Panel Here

This week my featured painting is "Aphrodite."  She has big blue green teal eyes and blonde hair with purple streaks.  Aphrodite (also known to the Romans as Venus) is the Greek goddess of love and is part of my goddess series.  The original big eye surreal lowbrow fantasy goddess painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is a selection of my flowers, you may see them here.

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday

===============================================


Here is a sketch of two tulips.  I think I have tulips on the mind right now.  I took my reference photos of them during a visit to Descanso Gardens.  They are also flowers that I may be incorporating them into the hair of a maiden I am hoping to start once I've determined which flowers will work best for her, but I have quite a few more sketches to do before that is determined...


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 14.  

This is a rough sketch.

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your painting is gorgeous, wow, love her eyes and expression. Lovely tulips, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

I love her purple hair and lovely tulips!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the purple streaks in her hair.

Tulips are a very nice flower, and I like your sketch here.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Amazing! This maiden seems to express many looks in one.

Linda said...

Your painting is stunning, I absolutely love the expression and the eyes! And your sketch is lovely.

Jennifer Rose said...

love the purple hair :)

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Boa tarde, maravilhosa "Afrodite." com os seus lindos olhos, sua arte é cativante, o esboço da tulipas indica que vai ficar lindo.
AG

JFM said...

Everything about her is lovely...her eyes mesmerize and love the streaks in her hair! Great sketch, too~

Alexandra MacVean said...

Oh my gosh, she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I really love her. This painting pops with pure beauty. :)

By the way, please check your message from the last SS post you joined. I left a special message. Forgive me for taking so long to catch up and I hope to see you back this week! :)

xo

Lux G. said...

What a beautiful eye color. Amazing!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jan, Martin, Linda, Jennifer, AG, Jan, Alexandra, and Lux!

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous painting Lisa! So beautiful! Love your tulips! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Stacy!