Saturday, March 4, 2017

Sketch of a Western Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly, March 4, Art Sketches Daily...



Here is a sketch of a Western Tiger Swallowtail butterfly on a flower.  Butterflies are so beautiful to me; they are here but briefly and to catch a glimpse of one lights up my day...  I'm unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 4.

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

11 comments:

Christine said...

Oh so beautiful!

Jennifer Rose said...

lovely sketch of the butterfly :)

Anonymous said...

Expression waiting for expression...

JFM said...

Very lovely, Lisa 💖💟💝

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful butterfly, they are always so pretty to watch. Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Hi Lisa. Very nicely done on the butterfly. The details are wonderful.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Christine, Jennifer, Martin, Jan, Valerie-Jael, and Nicole!

Lowcarb team member said...

A wonderful butterfly

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Jan!

Magic Love Crow said...

They light up my day too! I love butterflies! So pretty Lisa!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Stacy!