Monday, March 13, 2017

WIP Iris Flower Floral Art Original Painting Work in Progress + March Sketches / Sketch 11, 12, & 13 / Angel Fairy, Icelandic Poppies, & Turtle...



In this original 8"x10" work in progress WIP oil painting of an iris, I've started on the second layers inthe upper right part of the flower.  I'm going to try to sand a bit that looks a little thick on the left side.  This is my second painting with the water soluble oils.  I really like their blendability; but on this panel, there are some drawbacks.  When I complete this painting, I'm going to try them on canvas and see how it goes.  I liked how they worked on the lilac rosebud I painted, but I'm not always in the mood to paint on wood...


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like. 

============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a beguiling gaze.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is from day 11.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of icelandic poppies.  I took my reference photos of them during a visit to Descanso Gardens.  I may be incorporating them into the hair of a maiden I am hoping to start once I've determined which flowers will work best for her, but I have quite a few more sketches to do before that is determined...


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is from day 12.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a turtle.  He is sunbathing on a rock in a pond...  I'm unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 13.  

This is a rough sketch.

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The iris painting is wonderful, love it, and the sketches of the maiden and flower are great. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Your iris wip is coming along so well. Enjoyed all your sketches today too!

JFM said...

This Iris is beautiful Lisa, even if you called it finished right this moment!
I adore your sketches...you are one busy artist!!!

Hugs~

Lowcarb team member said...

I really like your sketches of the Icelandic poppies and the turtle.

Your Iris WIP is coming along wonderfully well, such a great colour.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Completely marvelous flower.
Your imagination has been busy. (Lucky us)

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Your painting is really beautiful and I love your sketches. You are very talented. :)

DVArtist said...

First that painting is rich and bold. I love the colors. Your sketches are wonderful. I really like the turtle a lot. You are so talented.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jan, Jan, Martin, Linda, and Nicole!

Jennifer Rose said...

great set of sketches, cute little turtle :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is looking wonderful Lisa! Love the deep rich colours! Great sketches! Your maiden looks so sweet and your flower, beautiful! The turtle is so cute! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Jennifer and Stacy!