Friday, March 24, 2017

WIP Big Eye Fairy Angel Water Lily Art Original Painting Work in Progress + March Sketches / Sketch 23 + 24 / Tulips & Panda Bear...



In this original work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I'm working on her skin tones.  I still have more layers on her face to go before I move on to her eyebrows, eyelashes, and lips...  This fairytale angel fairy with water lilies in her hair will be Snow White when she's complete.

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" canvas in acrylics.


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

==============================================


Here is a sketch of a couple of tulips.  This time of year I seem to have flowers on the mind...  These may be for the hair of a maiden, I still need to sketch quite a few more though to determine which ones best suit her...


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is from day 23.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a panda bear.  I've never sketched one before, I think pandas are so cute and it was fun to try an animal I hadn't tried before...  I'm unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 24.  

This is a rough sketch.

16 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful WIP and lovely sketches. I always admire your patience, so necessary to capture all the details.

Jennifer Rose said...

aww cute panda :) love the flowers in her hair, can't wait to see them painted :)

JFM said...

Lisa, your big eyed girl will make a beautiful Snow White!!!

I always enjoy your lovely sketches of pretty flowers and the 🐼 is so cute!!!

Hugs 💕

carol l mckenna said...

Love the Bear ~ others are great too ~ tulips and big eyed girl ~ delightful

Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

Anonymous said...

Those eyes - What can I say? I can hardly wait.

Giggles said...

Wonderful wip..love your panda and the flowers in her hair are beautiful too!

Hugs Giggles

Valerie-Jael said...

The eyes on your big eyed girl are wonderful. Love the sketches, too, especially the panda, so sweet. Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

She is processing nicely....
I love panda and flower sketches!
Happy weekend xx

Linda Kunsman said...

always love seeing the big eyed girls, and your panda sketch is adorable!!

DVArtist said...

Oohhhh you know how much I love your maidens and flowers but that panda bear is AMAZING!
Can't wait to see him finished.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the tulips and the panda

All the best Jan

Alexandra MacVean said...

She's very pretty and I look forward to seeing her painted, Lisa. :) Love your panda. Awwww :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Christine, Jennifer, Jan, Carol, Martin, Giggles, Valerie-Jael, sirkkis, Linda, Nicole, Jan, and Alexandra!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is coming along so beautiful Lisa!!! I love your flower sketch and your panda bear is too cute! Big Hugs!

Laney said...

Beautiful maiden in progress. I love your tulip sketch too. I always love seeing your art!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Stacy and Laney!