Wednesday, March 22, 2017

My Photograph of Sakura Cherry Blossom Flowers at Descanso Gardens + March Sketches Art, Day 22 Sketch, Angel Fairy...



I took this photograph of these cherry blossoms at Descanso Gardens during my most recent visit.  These flowers bring me such joy with their delicate beauty...  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

==============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  I think she looks a bit like Princess Leia, although she had pigtails instead of buns...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 22.

This is a rough sketch.

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your maiden is gorgeous, and I love the cherry blossom photo, it is wonderful to see all the trees in bloom just now. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Beautiful photo! Your maiden does look like Princess Leia.

Jennifer Rose said...

great pigtails and very pretty photo :) I never have a camera on me when we pass the cherry trees in town and they are in bloom

Anonymous said...

Talk about cherry blossoms, look at that amazement in that beauty's face.

DVArtist said...

Wonderful photo. Your talents are never ending.

JFM said...

Lovely Cherry Blossoms and a beautiful maiden...sounds as if a fairy story could be written here Lisa~

Hugs

froebelsternchen said...

Love the cherry blossom photo and your lovely girl!

Lux G. said...

Cherry blossoms are one of the prettiest flowers around. Love it.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jennifer, Martin, Nicole, Jan, Susi, and Lux!

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous picture Lisa! Love your maiden! She is so sweet!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Stacy!