Friday, March 31, 2017

Sketchbook West Las Laguna Gallery Show Featured Painting + Sketch of Camellia Flower, March 31 Art Sketches Daily...



My Wednesday Addams inspired painting "Full of Woe" was selected to be featured at the Sketchbook West Las Laguna Gallery Show.  Here she is all framed and ready to go!

She has a corresponding sketch in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches.  I've shared some of the sketches that are within here, but some will be available for viewing for the first time at the show.  The sketchbook will be displayed at the Sketchbook West Exhibition along with the sketchbooks of additional artists.  There will be a mix of fantasy, floral, animal, and assorted sketches within my sketchbook.  The gallery will have white gloves available for looking through the sketchbooks.  I'm hoping to be at the opening, but I will also update at what time I will be there when I have a better idea of when that will be.  I very much enjoy looking at artist's sketches, so I am looking forward to seeing the show! 

Sketchbook West
Artist Reception: April 6 from 6:30pm to 9:30 pm
Exhibition runs: April 6 to April 28, 2017

Las Laguna Gallery
577 S Coast Hwy - Unit A-1
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
949-667-1803
They have additional information about directions and parking here: http://www.laslagunagallery.com/about

Winter Hours
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday- 11am - 5 pm
Closed Wednesday
Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 11am-7pm

Note: The gallery is closed during inclement weather including rain or high winds.
E-mail Address:
laslagunagallery@gmail.com

The event information for the opening is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/390687907971636/


I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

=========================================


Here is a sketch of a camellia.  I love the long blooming season of these flowers, I am often blessed by their beauty when I visit Descanso Gardens.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 31.  

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

18 comments:

Joy Murray said...

Congrats on Wednesday being in a gallery! I've been daily sketching lately -- it's a very good way to keep my imagination working.

Christine said...

That's a beautiful painting they selected congrats! And the camellia is lovely too.

Giggles said...

Oh she is perfect and yes Full of woe is a perfect title...you even got her lips matching her stern eyes perfect!! Love this powerful piece so much! Congratulations on being a chosen one!!

Hugs Giggles

Anonymous said...

Allow me to offer my congratulations and here's for many more

Tammie Lee said...

I wish you a wonderful show! So fun that you are including the sketchbook.
Your painting is fabulous.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your wonderful painting and the beautiful sketch. Congrats for being part of the show, that's fantastic. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Congrats of being part of a show with your fantastic artwork!

sirkkis said...

Have a happy show. I love your framed maiden.
Happy April xx

artbyjune said...

That is a lovely Addams family painting! Also love the sketch of camelia, one of my fave flowers.

JFM said...

I love the Addams family and you have captured Wednesday Addams beautifully Lisa!!!
Congratulations on Wednesday being selected for a showing in a gallery~

Hugs

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Joy, Christine, Giggles, Martin, Tammie, Valerie-Jael, Susi, sirkkis, June, and Jan!

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats Lisa!! She reminds me of the little girl in a show (long time ago:):) called The Addams family. Happy PPF and enjoy the show!

DVArtist said...

YAAAAYYYYY and congratulations.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Linda and Nicole! She is indeed inspired by the little girl from the Addams Family...

Lowcarb team member said...

Great painting and a beautiful sketch.
Many congratulations for being part of the show, that is fantastic.

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats on the show Lisa! I wish I could go! Love your flower sketch! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Jan and Stacy!

JKW said...

Congratulations on your gallery opening. . . so wonderful. The sketch is exquisite. Blessings, Janet