Wednesday, March 8, 2017

My Photograph of Green to White Hydrangeas Snowball Flowers at Huntington Gardens + March Sketches Art, Day 8 Sketch, Fairy Angel...


Happy International Women's Day!


Edit: They are also known as Hydrangeas

I took this photograph of these green flowers at Huntington Gardens a while back.  I believe they are snowball flowers, as the season progresses they become more white...  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

===============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She looks surprised by what she sees, she smiles a little, so I hope it is something good.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 8.

This is a rough sketch.

11 comments:

Christine said...

Love the spring green of the flower. Beautiful fairy. Fairy is one of the upcoming themes for scribble picnic art co op. You should join us

JFM said...

The flowers are very beautiful, Lisa... such a lovely shade of green.
She does looked surprised in a very, pretty way. Maybe she sees Prince Charming heading her way ;)
Best wishes on your challenge!

Big Hugs 💕

Anonymous said...

The maiden sketch has something new in it

Valerie-Jael said...

Those snowball flowers are fantastic. Love your surprised looking maiden, too. Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Jan, Martin, and Valerie-Jael!

Lowcarb team member said...

The snowball flowers are beautiful, aren't the shades of green so lovely.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

nice photo :)

and she does look a little startled, like she was caught off guard

DVArtist said...

Wow photo and art beautiful.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jan, Jennifer, and Nicole!

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful picture Lisa! I love your maidens look! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you very much Stacy!