Monday, March 27, 2017

WIP Iris Flower Floral Art Original Painting Work in Progress + March Sketches / Daily Sketch 27 / Goddess...



In this original 8"x10" work in progress WIP oil painting of an iris, I'm almost done with this painting.  It's a bearded iris so I need to add the beard, some minor details, and a little bit of glazing.  I think this piece has a bold feeling to it...


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like. 

=============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is adorned with jewels and has a gentle gaze...  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be an angel fairy or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 27.

This is a rough sketch.

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The iris is totally gorgeous, I love the deep colours. Great sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

your painting is so lovely. Your maiden is beautiful with her jewels too!

DVArtist said...

Oohhhh so pretty. I love it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your Iris is just lovely, what a fantastic colour.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Lovely flower.
The maiden is stunning

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Bom dia, tiro o chapéu ao seu belo trabalho, a flor da íris está um espanto, as cores aplicadas são cativantes, parabéns.
AG

JFM said...

Bold and beautiful Lisa!!! The color is gorgeous!
I always enjoy your sketches! They are always so lovely~

Hugs~

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Valerie-Jael, Christine, Nicole, Jan, Martin, AG, and Jan!

Jennifer Rose said...

really like her headgear :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jennifer!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your flower painting is looking gorgeous! Love your Goddess! She is amazing! Hugs!