Monday, March 6, 2017

WIP Big Eye Fairy Angel Water Lily Art Original Painting Work in Progress + March Sketches, Sketch 6, Hibiscus Flower



In this original work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I have started on the background.  This fairytale angel fairy has water lilies in her hair and is looking upwards.  I am thinking of taking her in a Snow White direction...

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" canvas in acrylics.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

====================================================


Here is a sketch of a flower.  I believe it's an Australian Native Hibiscus, but I'm not sure...  The petals are a lovely purple and it unfolds like a pinwheel.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 6.  

This is a rough sketch. 

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful WIP and flower sketch. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

I can't wait to see this finished with the hibiscus. Your sketch is lovely too.

JFM said...

She would make a lovely Snow White, Lisa!
Your Hibiscus is so lovely, too. The color sounds beautiful!!!

Big Hugs

Jennifer Rose said...

nice start to your painting, love the lilies in her hair :)

Anonymous said...

Is it my imagination? The maiden sketch looks very complex.

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Boa tarde, é lindo o começo de cada um dos seus trabalhos, certamente que o final é encantador.
AG

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Visitei The fine art of Lisa Isabella Russo, seus trabalhos são a pura arte, são maravilhosos, parabéns.
AG

DVArtist said...

You seem to be in flower mode. LOL I love it. Your flowers art is so beautiful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love this WIP ... and your flower sketch is lovely too

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jan, Jennifer, Martin, AG, Nicole, and Jan! I am definitely in flower mode... I don't think this is too much more complex than my mermaid with angelfish painting, but it is much smaller so we'll see how it goes...

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is going to be wonderful Lisa!!!
Love your flower sketch! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Stacy!