Friday, March 3, 2017

WIP Iris Flower Floral Art Original Painting Work in Progress + March Sketches, Sketch 2 & 3, Waterlily & Angel Fairy...



In this original 8"x10" work in progress WIP oil painting of an iris, I've began working on the flower itself.  This isn't an optimal image as I took a quick photo of it rather than a scan as it wasn't dry enough to put on the scanner.  This is a quick block in as the paints didn't want to adhere to the panel.  I'll be going over the flower with additional layers.  I was close to abandoning the painting as the background took a while to cooperate, but I've decided to move forward with this piece.


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

=====================================================


Here is a sketch of a water lily flower.  It will likely adorn the hair of one of my big eyed maidens, I am hoping this one will work for her.  They are such lovely flowers, I am often drawn to paint them.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in January.  This is from day 2.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has a sweet expression and her hair is whimsical.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 3.  

This is a rough sketch.

17 comments:

JFM said...

Lisa, these are gorgeous!!!
Your painting is so beautiful!!! I have never painted in oils. I do love painting in acrylics though.Your drawings are so lovely and mystical~

Great Big Hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the flowers, especially the gorgeous iris flower, anf the sketch of the maiden is lovely, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Love the rich colours in your iris painting and your sketches are gorgeous!

Jennifer Rose said...

the painting looks very mysterious with the colours you have used :)

Linda Kunsman said...

that's a work in progress? It is a gorgeous painting Lisa!! Happy PPF!

Anonymous said...

Your choice of colors created a flower that seems to flow from a dream

Serena Lewis said...

Lovely work, Lisa! The iris is coming along beautifully! I enjoyed your sketches too. Happy PPF ~ :)

sirkkis said...

Your iris is gorgeus. Love the deep colour.
The sketches are wonderful.
Have a happy weekend xx

Faye said...

Your iris is so beautiful. It looks finished to me.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

These are breathtaking and creative :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind and thoughtful words! The painting is coming along thank you, it will have similar colors when finished, it will just hopefully be a bit more delicate.

DVArtist said...

Ohh I do believe that this is my favorite orchid from you. I love the colors and the richness of it.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Nicole, I am hoping to work on it a bit more today...

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh, I think this painting is gorgeous, and I am so pleased you didn't abandon it.
The colours are lovely

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Love the colours in your painting!! I wonder why the paint wouldn't stick?
I love your sketches! Your maiden is so sweet! I think you should paint her!
Big Hugs!

Giggles said...

Thank goodness you didn't abandon this stunning iris! Wow incredible work so impressive! Who wouldn't love this one!! Would make gorgeous greeting cards eventually too!! Love it! Beautiful other wip too!

Hugs Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Jan, Stacy, and Giggles! Much appreciated.