Friday, March 17, 2017

WIP Big Eye Fairy Angel Water Lily Art Original Painting Work in Progress + March Sketches / Sketch 15, 16, & 17 / Fairy Angel, Rose, & Penguin...


Happy St. Patrick's Day!


In this original work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I have started on her eyes.  I'm thinking about doing them a little differently than I usually do and not adding the highlights until the end, but but the color is around right.  I didn't get very much time to paint this week, so this is a very mini update...  This fairytale angel fairy with water lilies in her hair will be Snow White when she's complete.

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" canvas in acrylics.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

===========================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a lucky four leaf green clover to protect herself from being pinched...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is from day 15, I gave a a little bit of green today since I'm sharing her on St. Patrick's Day.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a rose.  Roses have such elegant lines and are a favorite flower of mine.  This one may be for the hair of a maiden, I still need to sketch quite a few more though to determine which ones best suit her...


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is from day 16.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a penguin.  He is a baby penguin and this little bird is so cute and fluffy...  I'm unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 17.  

This is a rough sketch.

16 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely work Lisa, can't wait to see Snow White all finished!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your 'Snow White' will be gorgeous, and I love the sketches. Great idea with the St.Patrick's maiden, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

All gorgeous works ~ each one a treasure ~ lovely work ~ love the shamrock for St Paddy's Day ~ thanks,

Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

JFM said...

All precious...all beautiful, from the talented hands of a true artist~

Hugs Lisa~

Anonymous said...

...and so the work begins on this complex maiden.
Love the green eyed beauty.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you

Giggles said...

All so lovely and the one on your side bar...love her expression! Beautiful work!

Hugs Giggles

Clare Lloyd said...

Lovely drawings

DVArtist said...

I am so impressed with your art. I love seeing that you start with the eyes on your maidens. Your flowers are always so pretty and have depth. Have a great weekend.

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous sketches Lisa and your maidens all have such a beautiful and magical quality about them. Happy PPF!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow - what a lot of good things to look at in your post.

I do like the four leaf green clover!

Your rose is just lovely and the penguin so cute.

Good wishes for the weekend

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Valerie-Jael, Carol, Jan, Martin, Giggles, Clare, Nicole, Linda, and Jan!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Lisa, Hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day! Your painting in progress is coming along so beautifully!! WOW!!
And, I love all your sketches! Your St. Patrick's maiden is so pretty! Love your flower and your baby penguin is too cute! Hugs!

sirkkis said...

I really like to see the fairytale angel completed. All others are lovely too.
Have a great week ahead ♥

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Stacy and sirkkis very much!

Jennifer Rose said...

so much art :D very vibrant coloured eyes in your painting and cue little penguin. the clover in your maidens hair is a nice touch for this time of year :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jennifer!