Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sketches of Three Horses Eyes...



Here are sketches of three horses eyes.  I took a good look at my unicorn sketch and decided that the problem I was having with it was that the eye I sketched was too non specific, so I decided to gather more reference images of horses or more specifically horses eyes.  I'm going to take these into photoshop and see which works the best, I'm leaning towards the second one right now...


To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://www.bluechairdiaryillustrations.com/

9 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

such lovely eyes
horses eyes truly are a treasure
and
such great practice to draw them!

lovely week to you ~

Christine said...

you know, they look so human, it makes you think about nature....all God's creatures.

Camila Rafaela Felippi said...

Perfect and so real! Last week a saw some drawings on my school, so beautiful. It was on the corridor and I had to stop to see! I think I was there for ten minutes... The time flew...

Out of Sight L said...

The first looks so gentle
the second looks brilliant
the third well as his own charm
how oh how are you going to choose
I guess you'll know as you go. beautiful Lisa Isabella

SLScheibe said...

What a good idea! I often sketch non-specific eyes on animals and what you've done makes a lot more sense. Super sketches!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Tammie Lee, Christine, Camilla, Lorraine, and SLScheibe! I love horses, but I paint and draw them pretty rarely, so it was definitely fun for me to sketch these eyes.

Alexandra MacVean said...

I really, REALLY like these sketches. You create eyes really well. This is something I need to work at.

Magic Love Crow said...

Very interesting seeing them all together! They all look great Lisa!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Alexandra, I think your eyes are wonderful!

Thanks very much Stacy!