Monday, December 2, 2013

Surrealist Artists from In Wonderland at LACMA + Angel Fairy with a Cat WIP



A while back, I went to the LACMA show In Wonderland: The Surrealist Adventures of Women Artists in Mexico and the United States.  I have been sharing the art I photographed a little bit at a time.  Above is a photograph of all of the women artists who were included in the show.  Below are the links to the artists who most captivated me.

Frida Kahlo Portrait of Dorothy Hale here 
additional Frida Kahlo works here

Muriel Streeter, Loren MacIver, Dorr Bothwell, Stella Snead, & Louise Bourgeois here

Remedios Varo Part I here, Part II here, and Part III here

Kay Sage here

Janet Sobel & Helen Lundeberg here

Sylvia Fein & Leonora Carrington here

Julia Thecla, Lee Miller, Bona, Jeanne Reynal, & Louise Nevelson here

Dorothea Tanning & Rosa Rolanda here

Bridget Bate Tichenor here

Alice Rahon & Gerrie Gutmann here

This concludes my series on the LACMA show In Wonderland: The Surrealist Adventures of Women Artists in Mexico and the United States.  When I get a chance, I'll add a link to this comprehensive list to all of the individual posts.


I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday
http://www.create-with-joy.com/


Here is a work in progress view of my angel fairy with a cat.  She is pretty close to being done.  I'd like to add more shading to her wings and then I think I will be done...  I think I've also finished my little red cardinal bird painting, so I may have two originals to list tomorrow! 

5 comments:

Christine said...

oh I thought it was finished, well done!

Out of Sight L said...

Wow She is stunning Lisa Isabella, now i have to check the other art you liked so much, beautiful

Out of Sight L said...

I find the drawings are getting less ambiguous and leaning on lineage if that makes any sense, I'VE seen many of this art on some blogs, faces appeal to me, paintings of nature, I've never really been into abstracts, then I again I've never liked Picasso I guess it's a matter of taste. I like your art better, it feels magical to me...the others i find cold and cubic and it does nothing for me sometimes thought abstracts can be very appealing but those are more rare.. anyhoo just my opinion...

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is stunning Lisa!! I agree with Lorraine, WOW!! She is dramatic and special! I love the cat too! Thanks for sharing all of the other art!! Hugs ;o)

Lisabella Russo said...

You are so sweet Christine, Lorraine, and Stacy. Thank you!