Sunday, December 15, 2013

Unicorn Sketch on Canvas...



Here is my sketch for a unicorn.  As it is a magical being, I've made the eye and mane bigger than my inspiration photograph by Shawn Parker.  It is on canvas and my next step with it will be to paint the background.  Well, technically I paint the sides of the canvas first, but that doesn't really count...  I have darkened the sketch a little bit in photoshop to hopefully make it easier to see.  This is a small 5"x7" piece, so I was able to scan it in.  The camera and the scanner both have virtues, but for smaller pieces, I usually prefer to scan them if there isn't any paint or if the paint is completely dry...


To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://www.bluechairdiaryillustrations.com/

9 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

She is beautiful! Well, to me she is a she ;o) I love the eye and the mane being bigger ;o)

GalleryJuana said...

sweet unicorn and I love how you've given the mane a flowing lightness. visiting from sunday sketches.

Christine said...

lovely sketch, beautiful eyes!

Victoria said...

How magical and beautiful..one of my most favorite creature-beings..so very special..gorgeous sketch! I look forward to seeing it complete!
Fantastic!
Happy SS
Victoria, pencil and wing

Anne Manda said...

She is beautiful! I've been thinking about drawing an unicorn, too! :)

SLScheibe said...

Looking beautiful already!

Out of Sight L said...

I feel the magic already imagine when his colours come through, I love this Lisa Isabella :)

Alexandra MacVean said...

What a great unicorn sketch, Lisa. I love all the wonderful, whimsical artwork you've been creating.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much! It has been a long time since I've painted a unicorn, I've been meaning to for a while.