Friday, December 27, 2013

Unicorn Painting Work in Progress & White Chocolate Fudge...



Here is a work in progress view of my unicorn painting.  I've mainly worked on the unicorn's eye at this point.  Eyes are very predominant in my paintings; so, when possible, I like to get them established fairly early on in the painting...  


I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:


I made this recipe for the holidays and I think it was well received.  It certainly appealed to my sweet tooth.  Laurie at her blog here, "I Love a Cloudy Day" posted the recipe.  I love her blog, if you haven't visited her before, it is a delight.  Her fudge looked absolutely perfect, mine less so, but still tasty!

She said "you just melt 3 cups white chocolate pieces, stir in one can Eagle Brand milk, have ready an 8 x 8 pan with parchment , break up  in large chunks 12 peanut butter cups in bottom of pan then pour chocolate eagle brand mixture over, crumble the last few peanut butter cups on top, chill and slice, wow is it deadly, my my, very good."

It was delicious indeed.  I crumbled three chocolate peanut butter cups (well, I had to taste one to be sure it was a good batch!) on top, most of the crumblies didn't stick though.  When I do the recipe again, I'll try to push them in a bit more.

My blog/page has been less about art and more about the holidays right now, but I was very happy to do a little painting on my unicorn yesterday!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm curious to see how you unicorn will look when finished. It's beautiful already!!!
Thank you for stopping by :)

Christine said...

Love your unicorn eyes and your fudge looks so good! I love Laurie's recipes!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your unicorn is wonderful, and the fudge seems to be an absolute master-piece, very tempting! Have a happy and creative new year! Valerie

Faye said...

He has a lovely eye, Lisa. And the fudge makes me so hungry.

Paper rainbow said...

mmmmmmmm that fudge looks delicious, and I am enjoying watching your little unicorn develop. Hope you are enjoying the holidays and I wish you a very happy 2014. x

soulbrush said...

That unicorn is a labour of love I can see that. Happy PPF to you and Happy 2014 too.

Out of Sight L said...

I LOVE your Unicorn, it's magical, you are so terrific, and boy I'm hungry now, I wish that I had so much money that I could buy a castle and take in all those animals left out...and then I would have a room filled with all my favourite blogger artist's masterpiece which I would pay a fortune for because i could afford it and In every room and boy would it have many many room each of my favourite artists would have their art on the wall, and then sometimes I would send gifts around the world and shower people with love and presents and paintings from my favourite artists. BUT I'm poor...who knows maybe next life I will be a multi-billionaire and give everything everyone needs...tall order but hey there is enough money in the whole world, that we could each human being have millions , but there's greed and with greed, you can't win...so all this to say I love what you do....

SLScheibe said...

Your unicorn is looking lovely so far! The treats look amazing though I think I'm far too sweet overloaded from Christmas to try new treats, lol. Best wishes for 2014.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for the sweet words Jana, Christine, Valerie-Jael, Faye, Paper Rainbow, soulbrush, and SLScheibe! They are much appreciated!

Lorraine, I too wish I could have so many artworks and care for some of those who can not care for themselves. You are most kind!

Joy Murray said...

Love the white unicorn against the night sky. The eyes are hypnotic and will really make the piece special.

Magic Love Crow said...

I have to try Laurie's recipe! I loved it on her blog and I am really loving it on your blog now! It looks so good! Lisa, your eyes are striking!! You really see the soul of your painting, through your eyes!

froebelsternchen said...

a wonderful unicorn -
Happy PPF! Happy New Year!

LiliansArt said...

i love unicorns. pretty painting!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much JoyCorcoran, Stacy, froebelsternchen Susi, and LiliansArt!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Congratulations on being featured on Paint Party Friday. This unicorn is stunning. I have been looking through your archives and I love your attention to eyes. I too have a fascination for eyes. Sometimes I draw or paint just an eye, in my quest to get it right. Yours are fabulous. They really bring your subjects to life. Have you watched any Mark Crilley tutorials on You Tube? He likes doing eyes and it is shocking how lifelike the results are.
All the best to you and your paintings for 2014.