Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring by Lawrence Alma-Tadema at the J. Paul Getty Museum of Art & Bunny Rabbit Painting WIP...

Ever since I was a child, I have loved this painting.  Whenever I visit the J. Paul Getty Museum of Art, I make every effort to see it.  Here Lawrence Alma-Tadema is showing the tradition of children being sent to gather flowers on May 1st.  It was a Victorian May Day tradition that he staged in a Roman festival setting.  In person, it is a long tall painting that's filled with grace in every inch.  I've included the full painting and some close up views, I hope you will enjoy it!

Spring by Lawrence Alma-Tadema

Spring by Lawrence Alma-Tadema Close-Up I

Spring by Lawrence Alma-Tadema Close-Up II

Spring by Lawrence Alma-Tadema Close-Up III

Spring by Lawrence Alma-Tadema Close-Up IV

Spring by Lawrence Alma-Tadema Close-Up V

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday


I've started painting my bunny rabbit that was voted upon.  In this work in progress view, I've blocked in the background and started on the bunny.  I may need to go back in a rework the background a bit.  It's interesting how I see things differently when I see them on the computer screen...

6 comments:

Christine said...

thanks for sharing a favourite inspiration! Cute fuzzy brown bunny.

carol l mckenna said...

So adorable and love how you explain the process ~ ~ happy week to you ~ xoxo

artmusedog and carol (A CreativeHarbor)

Margie said...

Lisa, that is a very beautiful painting by Lawrence Alma-Tadema.
I am glad you shared it.

Loving your bunny, too cute!

Out of Sight L said...

If anyone can do this Spring marvel it's you and I love your Bunny more everyday x

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Carol, Margie, and Lorraine!

Magic Love Crow said...

The detail in this painting is amazing! Wow!!! Truly breath taking! Very beautiful!
Your bunny is so cute ;o) Big Hugs ;o)